How to look good on LinkedIn? It’s not as hard as you think - here are five tips to give your profile a boost:
1) Pictures - take a look at your connections, how many don't have pictures on there, or if they do, they aren’t great? The kind where you are not sure who or what you are meant to be looking at.
Your picture is meant to be a piece of the jigsaw in identifying and understanding you. The easier you make it for people, the stronger your online network will be.
So, tips for a good photo; - use a photo which is appropriate for your industry. If you are a solicitor it will need to be more formal than if you are a graphic designer.
- show your face and smile!
- keep it up to date, if it’s heavily touched up or a few years old then you may not be recognisable.
2) Title - It’s the bit people see. The more you put, the more people know. There is a 120 character limit, so think about what you are going to say - Don't just put your company name, they often don't tell you anything about the services you offer, talk about your key skills, or your offer.
3) Summary - it’s your chance to shine. Add information in about what you are great at and what you have achieved. Filling this part in gives you the opportunity to talk about what you do and how you do it. You can add projects in here, photos and videos. There are lots of really great options to make you dazzle!and don't forget about your industry key words!
4) Recommendations - These are key to getting your profile noticed and for people believing what you say. Ask clients, work colleagues and even tutors to recommend you. It helps people to see a rounded picture.
5) Updates - create updates - these help to showcase your knowledge and remind potential clients that you are around. The more useful and helpful your updates, the more chance you have of getting them shared.